Insulating Below Suspended Timber Floors – Sitework
- Install joists at specified centres.
- Fix timber battens to the sides of the joists. *
- Cut Ballytherm boards to fit between the joists and set them on the battens.
- Lay and fix flooring.
* The distance from the top of the battens to the top of the joists will depend upon the thickness of Ballytherm board specified and whether a service void is specified.
Points to watch
- Cut Ballytherm boards carefully to give a snug fit.
- Pack insulation between the perimeter joists and the wall to avoid thermal bridging.
- Seal service penetrations with flexible sealant.
Further Advice & Information
For more information about Ballytherm products, technical advice, or guidance on the suitability of our products for your project, contact us at + 353 (0)49 95 27000,, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form.