Insulation Below A Groundbearing Slab – Sitework
- Blind the hardcore with sand to give a smooth surface.
- Install the DPM / Radon barrier.
- Cut Ballytherm boards to height and fit vertically around the perimeter of the floor.
- Lay boards across the floor surface in broken bond. Butt boards tightly together and cut to fit neatly at edges and around penetrations.
- Lay VCL: lap and seal all joints.
- Pour and tamp slab.
- Pour screed.
Points to watch
- Test any embedded services before pouring the slab,
- Protect Ballytherm boards from damage while the slab and screed are being poured: use barrow boards.
- Protect the exposed edge of the Ballytherm boards when levelling the slab.
- Cut boards to fit tightly together.
Further Advice & Information
For more information about Ballytherm products, technical advice, or guidance on the suitability of our products for your project, contact us at + 353 (0)49 95 27000,, email us at email@example.com or use our contact form.