Insulation Above And Between The Rafters – Sitework
When working at a height ensure risk assessments have been carried out and that all necessary protective measures are in place.
Do not walk on Ballytherm boards nor use them as a working platform.
Installation sequence (working from the outside)
- Fit battens to the sides of the rafters to support the between rafter insulation.
- Cut Ballytherm insulation to fit tightly between the rafters. Set insulation on the battens.
- Fix a stop batten across the ends of the rafters.
- Lay the first row of Ballytherm insulation boards across the rafters, resting firmly against the stop batten. Tack in place with clout nails.
- Lay the next rows of Ballytherm insulation boards. Stagger board junctions between rows.
- Fix counterbattens to the rafters.*
- Lay the underlay, following manufacturer’s instructions.
- Install the roof covering
Points to watch
- Cut boards to fit neatly around penetrations such as SVPs.
- Seal gaps and junctions with expanding foam.
Further Advice & Information
For more information about Ballytherm products, technical advice, or guidance on the suitability of our products for your project, contact us at + 353 (0)49 95 27000,, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form.