Partial Fill Cavity Wall Insulation – Sitework
- Raise the inner leaf 450mm above the outer leaf (two courses of blockwork or six of brickwork).
- Fit the first run of Ballytherm boards against the inner leaf, supported on top of wall ties or the concrete cavity fill.
- Raise outer leaf by 450mm.
- Notch the top of the Ballytherm boards and fit wall ties.
- Fit clips to hold the boards against the inner leaf.
- Repeat the sequence to the required height of the wall, staggering the vertical board joints.
Points to watch
- Ensure wall ties slope down from the inner leaf to outer leaf to prevent water travelling to the inner leaf.
- Use a cavity board across the top of the insulation to prevent mortar building up on the insulation or bridging the cavity.
- Fit Ballytherm neatly to elements, which bridge the cavity such as door and window sub-frames, lintels and cavity closers.
Further Advice & Information
For more information about Ballytherm products, technical advice, or guidance on the suitability of our products for your project, contact us at + 353 (0)49 95 27000,, email us at email@example.com or use our contact form.